Not Always Usable: New Shortcut key for moving the timeline 1-count at a time

Report bugs or glitches here.
bjindrich

Not Always Usable: New Shortcut key for moving the timeline 1-count at a time

Post by bjindrich »

I have decently-powered Windows 10 laptop - the New Shortcut key for moving the timeline 1-count at a time is not consistently usable on my PC.

Sometimes: the shortcut works as desired and performs very well (can hold down the shortcut and watch each count fly by).

Other times: the shortcut instantly moves the "cursor" on the timeline, but whether in 2D or 3D view, the form stays frozen and is not refreshed for 5-10 or more seconds. As I try to use it more, I'll try to see if there's a pattern to when it works well and when it doesn't.
William

Re: Not Always Usable: New Shortcut key for moving the timeline 1-count at a time

Post by William »

Hi bjindrich,

Thank you for the report. I've had a look at this issue and it seems like it's just a focus/refresh issue. If the main screen doesn't have the focus then we are not forcing the update when the shortcut is used. I've put in a fix for it and it should be available in the next release.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
bjindrich

Re: Not Always Usable: New Shortcut key for moving the timeline 1-count at a time

Post by bjindrich »

1.8.05 seems like it might be improved. Not sure if I'm imagining or if a fix for this was bundled in.
William

Post by William »

Great! Yes, there was a fix for this issue put in 1.8.05, I'm glad it's working for you.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com