v1.8.06 - prop editing issues

Report bugs or glitches here.
bjindrich

v1.8.06 - prop editing issues

Post by bjindrich »

My drill was started over a month ago and had props added early on. With v1.8.06 I run into issues when trying to edit an existing prop. Not sure if this is related to me having a legacy/updated drill file or the new props features recently implemented (combining props and adding the ability to stand on them).

When I go into the prop editor, all props are listed, but when I click on a prop in the list, that prop isn't selected (for editing) but rather, a line is drawn on the field between the props that have been clicked. it makes me think that the props are getting combined. All I want to be able to do is to select each prop and edit. Is there a trick to doing this now or is there a bug? thx
William

Re: v1.8.06 - prop editing issues

Post by William »

Hi bjindrich,

Yes, this is new expected behaviour. Several pieces of behaviour surrounding props have been improved. Here is a short rundown of the changes:
  1. You don't have to select the prop you want to edit from the prop list any more. The currently selected prop on the field will become the prop that you are editing.
  2. If more than one prop is selected then you can make changes to all of them at once.
  3. If more than one prop is selected then the individual prop selected within that selection will be highlighted in blue. This helps distinguish between single props and combined props, where if a prop is combined, then all associated props will have the same blue outline.
  4. You can change the currently selected prop by pressing the arrow buttons near the top of the Prop tool.
  5. To edit props within a combined prop, you can press the "Edit Combined" button when the combined prop is selected (blue). While in this mode, all of the above rules apply, except only to the props within the current combined prop that you are working on.
  6. While in "Edit Combined" mode you can move and rotate the sub props directly on the canvas, and change other properties of them from the tool.
  7. You can leave "Edit Combined" mode by pressing the "Exit Combined Edit" button. You will leave this mode automatically if the tool is closed. The button to leave the mode is the same as to enter it, but the text changes to fit the context.
tl;dr You can still edit a single prop by having only that prop selected on the field. Having multiple selected opens many more selection options.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com