Print View - Trying to line up the grid is excruciating

Report bugs or glitches here.
narcofis

Post by narcofis »

I've had this issue since the program's inception. When you're trying to line the grid to maximize the space in Print View, when you right click to line it up it's extremely difficult to smoothly move it to where you want to. It often skips and you have to really play around to get it to where you want.

Basically this is where you set how you want your set to print in Print Mode. The default is too far so I zoom in and try to line up what I want to see but the scrolling using the right click is very harsh and difficult to work with.

Thank you for looking into it.
Narcofis
bjindrich

Re: Print View - Trying to line up the grid is excruciating

Post by bjindrich »

I can't recall if I've posted this suggested enhancement before, but I'll piggyback on the reported issue here. While it's nice to be able to manually control the zoomed area per chart for printing, I suspect that in many cases, when someone wants to zoom, they want to show the "used area" (i.e. the area that encompasses all dots, labels, text boxes and arrows). In Print View, if I could click a button on the Sets that I wanted to "zoom to used area", I'd be a happy camper. I can post this to the Enhancements area if I need to.
William

Post by William »

Hi narcofis/bjindrich,

I was going to write a reply about how this has bothered me for a while as well but that for various reasons it was difficult to fix. Instead I decided to just dig in and fix the issue.

So the issue is fixed and it will be available in the next update.

I also like the idea of fit-to-performers, but that won't be available in this release. I will add it to the feature request list.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
narcofis

Post by narcofis »

William,

Just tested the new update.
Thank you for really digging into it and fixing it. It's much easier to line the field up.

Keep up the great work.
Regards,
Narcofis
William

Post by William »

Absolutely, like I said, its been bothering me for a while as well. Glad its fixed now.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com