Can't get performers attached to a form

Report bugs or glitches here.
bjindrich

Can't get performers attached to a form

Post by bjindrich »

This has happened a few times recently. I have a form, I go into performer selection mode, I select the performers (either multiple or individual), and when I drag them, to attach them to the form, even though the form circles light up blue, the performers don't get attached to the form. I fixed this once, but I can't remember how. I may have deleted the form and recreated it. Anyone else see this?

EDIT: OK, this looks to be related to the Form being on a Set, versus a Subset. On a Subset, I'm seeing the issue I described. When I change the page to a Set, performers snap properly to forms. I'm assuming I should be able to have Forms work properly on Subsets?
William

Re: Can't get performers attached to a form

Post by William »

Hi bjindrich,

Yes, snapping to forms should work just as well on Subsets as it does on Sets. If you have a drill in this state I would love to take a look at it at contact@box5software.com. In the mean time I will run some tests and see if I can't replicate the issue.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
William

Re: Can't get performers attached to a form

Post by William »

I've managed to replicate the issue. There was a bug in the code that attaches performers to forms when adding a subset before an existing subset.

Here's the scenario:
  • Have a subset on count 16 of a 32 count move.
  • Have a form with performers attached on this subset.
  • Add a subset to count 8 of that same set.
  • Now on the subset on count 16 the performers will no longer be attached to the form. They will also not be able to attach to other forms.
The fix will be available in the next release.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com