Huge Glitch

Report bugs or glitches here.
bis4brass

Huge Glitch

Post by bis4brass »

My opener was just saved over as the beginning of my third production, which I was just starting. I was using the production manager to create the new file, and then when I went back to open the .drl file for the first production, it was the exact same file as the third production.

Please don't tell me I lost the entire file and will have to rewrite the from memory. That will really ruin my day.
William

Re: Huge Glitch

Post by William »

Hi bis4brass,

This was resolved by email but for anyone else reading this forum I thought I'd give an answer.

The short answer is that you may have lost your work. In EnVision, each production is saved in a separate ".drl" file. If you save your second production with the same name as your first production then you are going to overwrite the contents of the first production file, just like overwriting a file would do in any other circumstance.

To avoid situations like this, please save each Production with a different name and keep copies of your work. We encourage you to always keep a backup of your drill in case something catastrophic happens. On a personal note I always keep dated and numbered versions of my drill and I'll make a new file every 2 or 3 sets, especially if they were a lot of work to construct. For example I might have "2016.07.19-1 My Drill-Trumpet Solo.drl" and a couple sets later have "2016.07.19-2 My Drill-First Impact.drl". That way I always have a backup if my file goes wonky or I make a major mistake in the drill and want to backtrack. Beyond that it's always a good idea to keep a backup of all your data because you never know when your drive will crash.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com