New Version Downloading (or Not)

Report bugs or glitches here.
brethughes

New Version Downloading (or Not)

Post by brethughes »

When I start EnVision from my LaunchPad, I am prompted with an option to download the newest version.
"A new version of EnVision is available,
Would you like to download it now?
NO YES"

If I click YES, a progress bar appears and moves fairly quickly. The dialog box with the progress bar says,
"You are now downloading an update for EnVision Visual Performance Design"

As soon as the progress bar completes, the program closes/quits. When I go back to the LaunchPad and start the program, I get the exact same Dialog box. I have "downloaded the new version" a couple of times.... but it appears to not actually download/update since I keep getting the same dialog box. If I click NO, the version on my computer loads and runs just fine, so not a huge concern, but I would like the monthly updates as they are pushed out.

Thoughts?
William

Re: New Version Downloading (or Not)

Post by William »

Hi brethughes,

Yes there is a known issue on Mac installs of the (second) most recent version of EnVision where updating to the next version fails. The solution to this is to download the current full version from our website and install it over top of your existing installation. You may have to uninstall (delete) your previous version first. This will not affect any of your work or your license as all that data is stored in Documents/EnVision.

The current version of EnVision is 1.7.29. Let me know if you have any problems with this process.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
brethughes

Post by brethughes »

Perfect! Thanks for the update. Sorry if I posted something that had already been discussed somewhere else.

BH
William

Post by William »

No problem, its good information to have out there.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com