No audio after 1.7.30 update

Report bugs or glitches here.
bradporeda

No audio after 1.7.30 update

Post by bradporeda »

Howdy,

I updated to the 1.7.30 version, and now my audio won't sound.

I've tried clearing the audio, reloading it, et al...

The mp3 file appears in the Show Manager "Music" field, but still no sound.

Sync Music option is greyed out, so I couldn't try that.

Suggestions?
-Brad
William

Re: No audio after 1.7.30 update

Post by William »

Hi Brad,

I've seen some issues loading music on recent builds, not exclusively related to 1.7.30. The issues seem to happen most when importing a previously exported show, when the music is a higher quality. For example if you are using a 192kbps MP3.

So my first suggestion is to possibly encode the music that you are using as a lower quality (usually 128 kbps is okay) then try loading the new version.

Secondly you can try and downgrade to the previous version that worked for you. Do you know what version you were on before you upgraded? Here are a couple links for the previously released version, 1.7.29:
Windows 1.7.29
Mac 1.7.29

If that doesn't work, I'd like it if you could export the production that isn't working and email it to me at contact@box5software.com. If possible, include the music separately just in case it doesn't get exported properly.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
bradporeda

Post by bradporeda »

That did it!

I re-coded the mp3 from 192 to 128. The audio works now.

Btw, when assembling an audio file for a director (adding a count-off click track to an midi export, stitching together various segments into a full production, ...), I typically will use the 192mp3 encoding (in Garageband) to keep the fidelity as high as possible (marching band music tends to push the limits of dynamics et al).

Is using a 192mp3 a bug in 1.7.30 or a general limitation of the code?

Thanks again,
-Brad
William

Post by William »

Unfortunately it appears to be a problem with the code in general, though it appears to affect mainly Macs.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com