Editing drill very, very slow when in 3D view

Report bugs or glitches here.
bjindrich

Editing drill very, very slow when in 3D view

Post by bjindrich »

Not sure if this is "bug", but I didn't know where else to post. I used Envision 2 years ago a much less powerful laptop (on Windows 7), took a year off, and now I'm on a very powerful laptop (i7, 16Gb RAM) on Windows 10. Editing in Performer Selection mode when in 3D view is very, very laggy compared to my prior experience.

The lag I'm seeing right now is with basic selection and de-selection of performers or clicking on the marbles, or even an Un-do action when in 3D view (I haven't tried any ALL actions yet). It takes more than a few seconds for the action to complete visually. Things seem fine in 2D mode, but I'd like to be able to use 3D mode, and 3D mode is bordering on unusable for me right now.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Any suggestions for improving responsiveness?

With my laptop being more powerful than 2 years ago, I'm hoping there's a solution. I mentioned that now I'm on Windows 10 instead of Windows 7 - hopefully that's not the cause? The new laptop also has a 4k display - could this be a cause?

Thanks in advance for any help!
William

Re: Editing drill very, very slow when in 3D view

Post by William »

Hi bjindrich,

I have not seen the issue that you are talking about but its certainly possible that something recent has change and caused the lag. Do you have a particular file that you are working on that you are seeing this issue? If so can you send it to me? I will also do some investigation to see if I can replicate the issue and try to narrow it down.

As a side note, you may want to look into updating your openGL drivers. EnVision uses OpenGL to render the 3D graphics so if you are on an old version then it may contribute to the slowness. I have seen that Windows 10 comes with older OpenGL installed by default so this may be the cause of the problem.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com