Tool to measure distance

Suggest a new features or improvements that you want to see in future versions.
bjindrich

Tool to measure distance

Post by bjindrich »

Suggestion: add a tool that allows to measure a distance between 2 points. Like a tape measure, click on point A to set the start point and then click to set point B. Now the tape measure can have a marble at each end to allow you to see how far you might want to have performers moving. The tool should display the distance in both number of 8-to-5 size steps, as well as feet/inches (or whatever unit of measure is desired). Going all out, it would be cool if, like Forms, you could add multiple Measures per page and just have them on the page for permanent reference (and an ability to toggle them on/off), but I don't think that's a high priority, compared to other features I'd like to see. But, just having the ability to point-in-time be able to measure the distance between two points would be useful.
William

Re: Tool to measure distance

Post by William »

Thanks bjindrich, putting it on the request list.

I know it's not what you are asking but the line form has many of these features built-in already. You can get distance and steps in a roundabout way. Also the end marbles to manipulate it. Can be easily deleted (delete button) when finished being used.

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
bjindrich

Post by bjindrich »

That's a great workaround! The only issue I run into is: when pulling the marbles and the line goes vertical or horizontal then the line gets stuck. But it's relatively easy to rotate the line to get it unstuck & move on.
William

Post by William »

You are grabbing the orange marbles instead of the yellow endpoint marbles. What you are seeing is obviously a bug but you can work around it easily by taking the yellow marbles instead. You can remove higher levels of marbles with a couple keyboard shortcuts:

Hold the following:
a: Temporarily removes the orange marbles so you can select what is below.
s: Temporarily removes the performers so you can get a clear view of the forms underneath.
z: Temporarily removes the rotation marbles (Blue and Green).

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com