Path Colored by Step Size. Gradient Color should start at 8 to 5.

Suggest a new features or improvements that you want to see in future versions.
narcofis

Path Colored by Step Size. Gradient Color should start at 8 to 5.

Post by narcofis »

This is a great idea but it would be better if we could set the values manually if needed or have it start at 8 to 5.

The current default starts coloring the path at a 6 to 5 which is great for Drum Corps but for most Marching Band you want the 8 to 5 to be the default than a 6 to 5 would be yellow. As you know in Marching Band a 6 to 5 is considered "more difficult" and is not handled well by younger performers thus an 8 to 5 is more appropriate for Marching Band.

You could have 2 settings Drum Corps Versus Marching Band Setting or start at 8 to 5 and add some gradient colors...

Narcofis
William

Re: Path Colored by Step Size. Gradient Color should start at 8 to 5.

Post by William »

Hi narcofis,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll add it to the list to find a way to make the step size colouring customizable.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
bjindrich

Post by bjindrich »

I agree that being able to specify the step size threshold for where yellow starts would be nice. I may even want to change that at different times in a show based on the tempo or difficulty of the music (not suggesting that the setting should be specified along a timeline, since that would be complicated - but, just stating potential use cases to have a setting).

I can't remember, but if it's not implemented already, it would also be nice if the colored path took into account the actual number of steps taken for a move when different types of steps are taken, like half-time, double-time, etc.
William

Post by William »

It does already calculate based on actual step size and not just distance or non-modified step size.

And yes, being able to quickly modify the threshold values would enable different use case scenarios such as working on higher tempo sections.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com