Performer name/number more easily viewed

Suggest a new features or improvements that you want to see in future versions.
AdamWhite

Performer name/number more easily viewed

Post by AdamWhite »

Hey! I love EnVision, and I really love that fact that it can print out with the student's names in addition to just being a number. I do wish that when I select a single student, I could see which student they are when writing in real time. Example: I click on the student, and then in the little box with the position and Largest step size detail, it tells me who they are. That way, as a director, I can say "OH NO NO NO NO I am not giving a backwards diagonal 4.5 to 5 to Suzie McMellophone", and I immediately can adjust the set to give her an easier path... It would also help me track putting my soloists in the correct location for focus without having to jump to the performer editor all the time and figure out who is who.

Thanks for having such great software!
~Adam White
~Director of Bands, Thompson Valley High School, Loveland, CO
~Composer/Arranger/Drill Designer/Educator
William

Re: Performer name/number more easily viewed

Post by William »

Hi AdamWhite,

Haha thanks for the description and the humorous anecdote. I like this idea a lot and I could see it coming in very handy. I will add it to the requested features list.

Also, have you had a look at the Primary and Secondary Focus boxes at the bottom of the timeline? It allows you to select groups of performers and mark them with special symbols so you can easily identify them when writing for solos or small groups. Every created group is added to that list so if you need something specific like a soloist then you can create that group in the Groups Tool and highlight that performer on that set.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
bjindrich

Post by bjindrich »

In the meantime, you might also want to consider using different performer colors or symbols to help track soloists, weaker performers, etc...
William

Post by William »

Good idea bjindrich, thanks!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com