"Quick drill" process idea

Suggest a new features or improvements that you want to see in future versions.
bradporeda

"Quick drill" process idea

Post by bradporeda »

I hope this forum is still the place to put suggestions. I don't see much new since 2015. Alas,...

Setting "simple" drill is a bit of a chore. (ex. creating a simple line of marchers)

Currently:
- Switch to Form Selection Mode
- Choose Line tool
- Create line
- Switch to Performer Selection Mode
- Select Performers
- Drag on top of form
- (fix order if needed)

Suggestion: (staying in Performer Selection Mode)
- Drag one player to a point on the field (the end point of what will become the line)
- Drag another player to another point on the field (the other end of what will become the line)
- Select all the players that will be the line (i.e. the Group)
- Press CTRL-L (or something). BAM! The Group lines up between the players. Done.

This keeps the writer in the main mode for much of the writing process and saves a ton of time. (Drag, Drag, Select, CTRL-L)

(There were programs years ago call MacDrill Writer and Drill Quest that did this. I could write a dozen pages an hour using this method).

The other idea is to have a "Smooth Interval" keystroke. (CTRL-I). Essentially, if you move an endpoint player, or add/remove players from a form, simply select all the players and CTRL-I, BAM, they space themselves out within the form.

These two keystrokes can help everyone be twice as productive, and I'd love to see them implemented.

Thanks,
-Brad
William

Re: "Quick drill" process idea

Post by William »

Hi Brad,

Sorry for the slow response. Yes this site is still active and so are we! Definitely feel free to post your suggestions here; we'll put them on our backlog and prioritize them accordingly. If we get users requesting a certain feature, especially if it's more than one user, then those features tend to get implemented more quickly.

As for your specific feature requests, I think they are great ideas! I've never personally used Drill Quest or MacDrill Writer but from what I've heard they definitely had the right idea in terms of drill writing efficiency. I'll put these items on the backlog and investigate their implementation.

Thank you for the suggestion. Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com