Updated MP3 with added measures - Updating Syncing

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
Roaminggnome4

Updated MP3 with added measures - Updating Syncing

Post by Roaminggnome4 »

So, as well all know, we get into writing drill and boom, we need a music rewrite that adds a few bars for that sample that we felt was imperative. How do we go about inserting counts, do we just have to tap out the downbeats again? Is there an easy way to do this?

-Justin
William

Re: Updated MP3 with added measures - Updating Syncing

Post by William »

Hi Justin,

Sorry for the slow reply. Yes, there is an easy way to do this, it involves using the timeline editing controls.

1. Unlock the timeline using the little lock icon on the top right of the timeline control area (to the left of the timeline).
2. If your controls are set to their default values (which they should be: "Snap to Count" is off, and "Adjust all following sets" is on) then you can click and drag the set after the new counts were added so that it extends to the time where the new counts end. This may take some trial and error but in my experience it doesn't take very long to get the right spot. This will move all the following sets so that they should line up with their old positions. Make sure to move the set to count 1, not count 8. Also remember that you can get more precision by zooming the timeline in where you are working.
3. Lastly, you'll have to adjust the number of counts in the previous set by opening the Set Properties tool.

Once the number of counts is set you can add another set on the appropriate count if you want one.

The steps 2 and 3 above can be done in any order, and I encourage you to see what happens when "Snap to Count" is turned on; you might be able to skip step 3 altogether.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com