Marching and grid outside sideline

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
hifivisual

Marching and grid outside sideline

Post by hifivisual »

I'm interested in having a group march 8 steps in front of the sideline using the perfect HS preset, but the charts only print a grid 4 steps outside the sideline. Any ideas on how to get a grid to print so the staff knows where those kids are supposed to be?

Thanks,
-Tyler
William

Re: Marching and grid outside sideline

Post by William »

Hi hifivisual,

Unfortunately there is no easy way to do this within EnVision. I've tried for a couple days since you posted this to see if I could come up with anything makeshift and there are some options but they aren't great.

1. Firstly, the values that you are looking for are a available on the Dot Sheet view, so you can use that as a reference if you need to.

2. You could create props that are the same width as the yard lines and lie flat to the ground (height = 0), and place them in a way that it recreates a grid at that point. This obviously takes some effort but it should work.

3. Use a custom canvas to get the desired width. This is a bad option as it changes the entire structure of the field you are working on but it would allow you to have a grid out far enough.

That's about all I could come up with. In the future we'll try to add some options to expand the grid as far as you need it.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com