Rippling Performers

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
Panhandler95

Rippling Performers

Post by Panhandler95 »

I am stuck on the ability to ripple performers from one set to another. I have watched the video on rippling performers to turn around, but am having trouble applying that to moving forms.

So, here is what I am wanting to do. Ripple performer 1 (count 1), performer 2 (count 3), and performer 3 (count 5) from set 1 to set 2. I tried the mid-set option but they all end up leaving at the same time. Is this possible or am I looking at multiple "mini-sets" for this?

Thanks,
-Ben
William

Re: Rippling Performers

Post by William »

Hi Ben,

Unfortunately this type of sequential step-off is not currently supported in EnVision. This is a feature that is on our radar and is something that is being worked on so expect to see it in a future version.

For now you need subsets if you want to emulate this.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
Panhandler95

Post by Panhandler95 »

Okay. This would be a really handy feature when I start my winter staging.

In the meantime, I am thinking my workflow would go something like this:

Create set 01 for 2 counts then move the performers I need to leave. They would head toward the final form.
Create set 02 for 2 counts then move the next set of performers
continuing this way until all performers have left

Thoughts?

I have tried the mid-set option, but they all end up leaving at the same time.

Thanks,

-Ben
William

Post by William »

Hi Ben,

Using subsets is really your best option. Two things you should keep in mind when using subsets that I think will help you:

1. Performers are not attached to a subset until you move the performers on that subset. This means that if they aren't moving when the subsets are created, then you will have to set their position on the subset as well as set their position at the ending set.
2. If you want a performer to hold for just a subset then you can use the "Revert" tool. This allows you to revert a performer position from subset A or B back to the beginning of the set, meaning that they won't move during that period. If a performer wasn't attached to that subset then reverting will attach them.

So in your case:
1. First group of performers leave and take the full set to move.
2. Create subset on count 2, revert second group from subset back to beginning of set (so they hold), then move them at the ending set so they take two counts less than the full set to move.

It's difficult to explain like this without visuals so let me know if you are still confused about anything.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
Panhandler95

Post by Panhandler95 »

This is exactly the work flow I needed! Thank you. This is going to help me in the fall, but more so in the winter.

-Ben
Jeremy G

Post by Jeremy G »

William, could a video be posted of this technique?