Button Labels

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
baritonium

Button Labels

Post by baritonium »

Hello, I'm new and learning to use EnVision. A huge help to me would be if it showed the label of a button or tool when the mouse rolled over it. I can't figure out a way to turn it on, but on the tutorial videos it does that. How could I enable that?

Thanks!
medea1993

Re: Button Labels

Post by medea1993 »

It will only you show you the "tool tips" when you mouse over a command that can be used at that time. So, for example, if you don't have any performers selected, mousing over the Follow the Leader tool won't do anything. However, once performers are selected, mousing over that command will pop up "Follow the Leader." Hope that helps!
William

Post by William »

Thanks for the response medea1993!

baritonium,
What medea says is true but we did discover recently that EnVision isn't playing nicely with newer versions of OS X with regards to tool tips. In particular, if you move or resize the window (for example move it to a different monitor) then tool tips stop working in EnVision. I'm not sure if this is happening to you or not (are you using a Mac?) but it might help anyone else who is experiencing this issue.

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
baritonium

Post by baritonium »

Thank you both for your help. I should've been more specific: I am using a Mac, running 10.9.4, and I had a feeling it wasn't playing nice. Moving or resizing the window doesn't change anything, and I only have the one monitor (iMac). I also am unable to zoom in or out using the +, - or number keys. And with a magic mouse, it's a little crazy trying to get a zoom level right.

I've also had it crash on me a few times, like when I am closing out of a tool window on the left side by clicking on the X (it wasn't the same tool twice, though).

Hopefully these issues will go away soon.

Thank you!
William

Post by William »

Yes there does seem to be something strange going on with recent releases of OSX, we will have to investigate further.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com