Couple of questions on Groups

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
bjindrich

Couple of questions on Groups

Post by bjindrich »

1) Can multiple groups be combined into a single group?
2) I asked question #1 because I tried to match performers to several groups at the same time and I didn't see any way to do this - am I right?
William

Re: Couple of questions on Groups

Post by William »

Hi bjindrich,

No, you can't combine groups as such, but you can fairly easily select multiple groups at the same time, and if needed you can create another group from the selection. I'm not sure I understand the second part of your question because it should be fairly easy to add a performer to multiple groups at the same time using the same methods that you use to create the group in the first place.

To select multiple groups at the same time do the following:
  1. Select first group (click on group line in main window)
  2. Hold Ctrl (Cmd on Mac)
  3. Select second group (click on second group line in main window)
The second group you select will be appended to the end of the current selection. After that you can create another group using the current selection.

Hopefully that answered your question, let me know if it is still not working for you.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
bjindrich

Post by bjindrich »

Sorry, I used the wrong terminology. Let me try again:

1) Can multiple FORMS be combined into a single FORM?
2) I asked question #1 because I tried to match performers to several FORMS at the same time and I didn't see any way to do this - am I right? (example: select forms A, B, and C, which together have 50 dots, then select 50 performers and try to attach them to forms A, B and C at the same time.
William

Post by William »

Oh, I see. No, you cannot attach a single selection of performers to multiple forms at the same time, and there is no way to combine forms together. If you put more performers on a form than dots then the number of dots will grow (and the interval will shrink) to accommodate the extra performers. Except for the Block form, which will retain the dot count and just ignore the remaining performers.

Hope that helps, have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com