Follow the Leader... Backwards...

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
ndhoppel

Follow the Leader... Backwards...

Post by ndhoppel »

I might be insane, but I am attempting to write a follow the leader from set 1 to set 2. I know the tool won't allow you to write froward from set 1, but is there a way I can write backwards from set 2 to set 1? In all other instances the tool works great for me, I would just really like to make this work in the program! Thanks!
William

Re: Follow the Leader... Backwards...

Post by William »

Hi ndhoppel,

It should not be a problem to create a follow the leader from set 1 to set 2. The FTL tool works by creating a follow the leader between the current set you are on and the previous set. More accurately, it creates a FTL from (currentSet - 1) to (currentSet) because the direction is always forward. The idea is that you are changing the position of the performers on the current set, not the previous set.

So in your case you should just be able to select the performers you want on set 2 and create the FTL from set 1 to 2.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
ndhoppel

Post by ndhoppel »

Thanks for the reply! One more thing that might throw a wrench in the gears: I have written backwards up to this point - a have a total of four sets. Is there a way to write the FTL without altering the positions of the marchers in set 2? Hopefully I am not misunderstanding your reply! Thanks!
ndhoppel

Post by ndhoppel »

Nevermind the last post! I figured it out. When you said that the FTL tool always writes forward, I just did the FTL, deleted Set 1, then added a new set 2 after it and did a FTL back to the original set 2. Thanks for your help!