Excluding Halt Sets from Dot Sheets

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
bjindrich

Excluding Halt Sets from Dot Sheets

Post by bjindrich »

I know that tagging a subset as a Halt set avoids printing the chart, but it doesn't seems to exclude Halt sets from Dot Sheets. I use a lot of subsets for choreography purposes, but I'd rather only have the real Sets show up in Dot Sheets. Is there a way to exclude Halt sets from Dot Sheets or when it's time to print, do I need to delete all subsets :-( ?
William

Re: Excluding Halt Sets from Dot Sheets

Post by William »

Hi bjindrich,

Unfortunately no, marking a subset as a halt doesn't exclude them from the Dot Sheet and there is currently no way to do this except for deleting the subsets. I can inform you however, that we are working on a tool that will make sequential step-offs a lot easier to create and will remove the need to use individual subsets to achieve this goal.

I hope that helps. Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
bjindrich

Post by bjindrich »

Thanks, William. I use Halt subsets for a variety of reasons (choreography ideas, etc.) so I think it would still be really nice to eventually have an option to not print Halt sets on dot sheets. For now, I've had to delete ALL subsets in a separate version of the drill before printing dot sheets and, of course, if I need to make any drill updates to the main drill, I've have to go back and delete all Halt sets again before printing dot sheets. It's doable, but it's time-consuming and error prone.
bis4brass

Post by bis4brass »

I concur that it would be nice to have a "hide from dot sheet" option for subsets, regardless of whether they are halts or not.

Some of my students, especially the rookies, get confused by the sets that don't concern them. If they could be hidden, would make learning easier.
William

Post by William »

Thanks bis4brass, noted.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com