LOCKING PERFORMER LABELS DIRECTION Request

Suggest a new features or improvements that you want to see in future versions.
narcofis

LOCKING PERFORMER LABELS DIRECTION Request

Post by narcofis »

LOCKING PERFORMER LABELS DIRECTION Request.
Basically I made my own Label for printout that's basically a rounded square with a small x in the center and now all I need to do is keep the performer's number in the center. BUT the problem I encounter is everytime I use a form tool the performer label resets itself. It gets to be quite time consuming.

The ability to globally lock the labels direction would be awesome. Saving me a lot of time!

I attach the performer label I use so you can see what I mean.

thanks,
Narcofis
Attachments
O4.png
O4.png (619 Bytes) Viewed 18162 times
William

Re: LOCKING PERFORMER LABELS DIRECTION Request

Post by William »

Hi narcofis,

Sorry for the slow reply on this. I looked at it when it was first posted and I considered trying to get it into the last release but it was slightly too complicated to implement and there wasn't quite enough time to get it in.

I'm interested in your new use of the performer label and performer markers, which I assume is for readability purposes? But that's besides the scope of this question.

It shouldn't be too difficult to add a toggle like what you are asking for. I will add it to the list of features and see if we can get it implemented, though you probably won't be able to make use of it this season.

Thanks for the feature request!

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
bjindrich

Post by bjindrich »

I second the request for being able to quickly and easily set the label position for all performers (and maybe another option to for all SELECTED performers) across all pages. For whatever reason, when it's time to clean my charts up for delivery, the labels are always a mess (different directions from the dots, different distances from the dots.

So, today what I have to do on many pages is: 1) select all (this action is slow on my well-powered Windows PC), 2) click the Minus button several times to get all labels to the same base distance (this is also slow - the more performers selected, the slower); 3) click the label direction arrow; and 4) click the Plus button several times to get all labels to the same distance (this is also slow - the more performers selected, the slower) - I usually click twice, but it depends on the form.

Having to do this on each page is time consuming, and it's right at the time where I need to get the drill out the door (and I'm tired and stressed).
William

Post by William »

Hi bjindrich and narcofis,

While this certainly doesn't account for every request in this post, I am glad to announce that there are a couple changes that should help which are available in EnVision 1.8.10, which is available now.
  • Ability to disable automatic Performer Label position updates from Forms. So adding performers to a Form or adjusting the performers on a form won't automatically reset the Label position if you turn the option off. The global option is located in the Performer Label tool.
  • Ability to copy the current label position for the selected performers and apply it to all sets in the entire production. This option is also located in the Performer Label tool.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
bjindrich

Post by bjindrich »

Very tempting. I have ~2 weeks of writing drill. To install the new version this year or not to install, that is the question?

If I upgraded and ran into issues, is there an easy way to roll back to the prior version?
William

Post by William »

Here are the links to update back to the previous version.

Mac
EnVision_Mac_Setup_v1.8.09.pkg
Windows
EnVision_Update_v1.8.09.exe
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
narcofis

Post by narcofis »

Looking forward to try the 1.8.10 for the performer label feature.