Frequent Crashing | M1 Macbook/Monterey

Report bugs or glitches here.
phill2mj

Frequent Crashing | M1 Macbook/Monterey

Post by phill2mj »

Is it just my system configuration, or is the app very sensitive and exhibit frequent crashing? I probably get 5-15 crashes in a 4 hour work period. Frequent offenders are the revert tool (which has several other non-fatal bugs), undo/redo, copy/paste, and a few other operations that I haven't found a pattern in yet.

As a new user (purchased last month) I can so far say I would have trouble recommending this software based on it's fragility, which based on how much it costs is disappointing. Luckily, the auto-save/recovery file process seems to work surprising well, otherwise I'd be very frustrated. I'm a software developer, so I'd be happy to help reproduce these issues and provide other feedback. I really want to like Envision.
William

Re: Frequent Crashing | M1 Macbook/Monterey

Post by William »

Hi phill2mj,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We take crashes very seriously and we'd like to resolve them as soon as possible so if you have steps to reproduce the issues consistently that would be a great help.

That being said I haven't heard of any other people having as frequent crashes as you are reporting so I am wondering if it is because of the M1 Macbook you are using since EnVision has not been updated for M1 chips yet so you are running it through Rosetta. Then again perhaps other people just haven't reported the issues they are having.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
phill2mj

Post by phill2mj »

I've been able to get in to a state in a show file that regularly reproduces the copy/paste crash. I'm still working on reproducing the others exactly. I can walk you through it if you'd like.
William

Post by William »

Yes, if you don't mind can you send me the file that you are working with to wlee@box5software.com and steps to reproduce, or send me an email and we can schedule a time to connect.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com