Music Notation for each set

Suggest a new features or improvements that you want to see in future versions.
drumline

Music Notation for each set

Post by drumline »

Right now I'm in a struggle between Pyware and EnVision. They are both quality programs, and each have aspects that the other lacks. If there was a way that EnVision could integrate with Sibelius (or Finale) to create music relative to each set on each page of a printing sheet (kind of like the timeline that EnVision currently offers), that would be golden and would seal the deal. It certainly helps a lot with combining the music and the marching.
someone's gotta engineer a marching timpani line one day
William

Re: Music Notation for each set

Post by William »

Hi Drumline,

This is a very interesting idea and something that we would love to implement. At the moment there is no way to do this in EnVision but it is definitely something that we will look into. A cursory search tells me that it is certainly possible to add this sort of functionality but it's not something that is currently at the top of the priority list.

If enough designers want this feature then we will definitely move it up. So how about it? Are there other people out there who want this functionality?

William Lee
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
bradporeda

Post by bradporeda »

Indeed I do.

Any way that you can incorporate MIDI versions of arrangements would help since the MIDI (from Finale/Sibelius) contain metadata such as meter and tempo, this would make "syncing" music much easier.

-Brad
William

Post by William »

MIDI is definitely on our to-do list. The added tempo/meter information would definitely make syncing music easier.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
DavidCKGMHS

Post by DavidCKGMHS »

I'm with drumline. Adding sibelius files would be perfect. How would this affect the mixed meter? As I'm still under the restraints of this issue at this time as well..

Thanks Envision!
William

Post by William »

Hi DavidCKGMHS,

I'm not sure I understand your question, could you explain it a different way? If you are talking about foot timing, Performers in EnVision can currently only march in straight time so nothing like two short counts and one long count. We have plans to add something like that in in the future but no timeline is set yet.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software