Sync is off during playback

Report bugs or glitches here.
drummer343

Sync is off during playback

Post by drummer343 »

I am having a problem where the audio track used for playback (.mp3) will restart 2 counts in. It does this in both syncing and playback. Example... it plays 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8...

If I sync to this glitch, my performers arrive at their sets 2 counts early to every set. It's as if the visual aspect of the program isn't accounting for the skipping effect the music and sync is producing. What is going on here? This didn't happen to me until I updated tonight.

I found that if I sync everything 2 counts behind the music, the visual and audio will line up during playback.
William

Re: Sync is off during playback

Post by William »

Hi drummer343,

That is a serious issue that you have uncovered. We will definitely be looking into this immediately. Can you help us out by letting us know what system you are working on?

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
drummer343

Post by drummer343 »

I use EnVision on two computers. One with Windows Vista and one with Windows 7. Neither have had this issue before the update. I was using my Windows Vista based laptop when the issue arose. Interestingly enough, when I used a .wav file as audio, instead of a .mp3, There was only a 1 count skip, rather than the two I was experiencing before. I don't know what that means, if anything but, I figure more info cannot hurt.
William

Post by William »

Thanks for the reply. I've been able to replicate your issue so hopefully that will lead to a solution soon. Can you tell me what version you were running before you upgraded? Was it the most up to date version (v1.2.36)?
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
gpit11

Post by gpit11 »

I, too, am having this problem on my computer with Vista. I have switched over to my other computer with Windows 7. I don't have this problem with Windows 7, but I do have a lag problem...however I don't think this is more of a computer deal than Envision. All I know about the version of Envision I'm using on Vista is the most recent (it just upgraded today when I got on it).
box5Nick

Post by box5Nick »

Where is the lag when on Win7? Moving performers, starting playback, etc... There is usually a bit of delay when you first add performers, or open the uniform editor while textures are loaded.

Also what are the specs on your Windows 7 computer?