Moving Props

Report bugs or glitches here.
Kanderson

Moving Props

Post by Kanderson »

I searched for related prop issues, but didn't find anything relevant to this issue, so here goes:

As I learn my way around the software, I've encountered a pretty strange issue when placing props on the canvas. After I've created the prop, (just a basic backdrop for now) the placement via mouse is extremely erratic. The more horizontal the view of the prop, the worse the movement is. The more vertical the view of the prop, as if I'm looking down from directly above, it's better, but still extremely difficult to place precisely where it needs to be.

Is this an issue on my end or can anyone replicate the error? Is there an alternate method for moving and placing props more precisely?

Thanks in advance.
William

Re: Moving Props

Post by William »

Hi Kanderson,

This is a known issue but there is an easy work around. The problem stems from the fact that when you are editing a prop the camera gets locked to the prop so you know which one you are working on. You can still move the prop when the camera is locked to it so you get a cumulative effect where the further you move the prop, the further the camera will move and the mouse will no longer be on the prop so EnVision thinks that you are trying to move the prop further. You can see the same effect if you play around with the "Follow Performer" toggle.

Anyway, the simple fix for this is to not move props when you have the prop editor open. If you close the prop editor then you can move props just like any other performer including changing their facing and moving over time.

Hope that helps! Have a great day!

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
Kanderson

Re: Moving Props

Post by Kanderson »

Excellent. Thanks, William!