Rugby Union Canvas?

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
Matt

Rugby Union Canvas?

Post by Matt »

Hi All
I am new to this and still running the Demo mode. I love the 3D design aspect of this and found it fun and easy to use. Here in Australia we are really in our infancy of this activity but we are pushing forward. My Drumline plays at our Rugby Union games and for us to create anything like you guys have we will need a real field (canvas). I know I can create a custom canvas however I assume that is more for indoor lines. I would like a canvas similar to the football canvases with Rugby Union Markings. How can I do this?

Would need a centre line, 10 meter lines, with hashes 5 & 15 meters from either side line.

Can the software be put in metric instead of imperial?

Thanks! - Matt
William

Re: Rugby Union Canvas?

Post by William »

Hi Matt,

We had this conversation in email but I thought I would put my answer here for anyone who is interest in this topic.

Unfortunately this is not currently possible. You can create a custom Canvas with the appropriate dimensions as you mention in your forum post but there are limitations to this method such as you won't have numbered yardlines. EnVision does allow you to add a custom image to the Canvas so it would be possible to add the rugby markings as an image but on the printouts you still wouldn't get yardline markings, you would get "A, B, C" etc..

That being said we are definitely interested in expanding the reach and scope of EnVision and adding a few different field options is a good place to start. You can bet that we are putting this on our list of requested features for future EnVision enhancements.

Converting the software to also use Metric would of course go along with the aforementioned canvas options.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com