All Shortcuts List and Suggestions

Suggest a new features or improvements that you want to see in future versions.
narcofis

All Shortcuts List and Suggestions

Post by narcofis »

Om the Help Online it would be really usefull to have all the shortcut listed for the program.

I use the spacebar quite often to initiate the playback and that's not even listed anywhere I could find.

I'm looking for a shortcut to go to the next set and previous set.
- I find myself using the copy and paste quite often between set when I have a performer to add or remove to either copy the performer to his previous set or the whole selected group to their new position. It's would be a time saver to have a shortcut to go between set.

Also I would have them displayed in their hover tooltip this way I wouldn't need to keep looking for them.

Next Step would be to make those shortcut customizable with our own set of keys.

I find myself relying on the mouse to much to navigate. Quite troublesome on a laptop.

My preference would be to make the shortcut available with mostly the left side of the keyboard as we are using the right hand for the mouse.

- Spacebar for Playback
- Has a gamer the WASD is natural for me so:
- "A" for the previous set
- "D" for the next set
- "S" is already use to make the symbols disappear which I didn't find until now!
- "Q" Path Mode
- "W" Form Selection Mode
- "E" Performer Selection Mode

The tools I used the most where a shortcut would be useful is
"Z" The Performer Revert Tool
"X" Performance Detail Tool
"C" Camera View (I only use this one to come out of the Performance Detail Tool to move my selection)

Lastly, I'm surprised you haven't implemented the Arrow Keys to move you're selected players in the direction you wish. It may have been because you believe that the most of us would use the form tools to create our drill but I came to really dislike them and only use them as a reference lines on the field when needed {Rarely} (with only one performer that can be snapped to the form). This is mostly due because I keep the Label on top of the Symbol and the form tools always reset the label even if you adjust just one performer and the automatic switch to Form Selection in certain case is very frustrating. Not intuitive enough.

*** LASTLY - PERFORMANCE DETAIL VIEW ***
What is the best way to come out of the Performance Detail View to move your selected members. I usually have to hit the camera tool. I find myself making this mistake quite often where I'm trying to move the selection and end up rotating them because I didn't select "out" of the performance view.

*** ADDING A SET SUGGESTION ***
When adding a set I always have to change the counts. I always sync my music first.
I would suggest to make a quick formula that would calculate the approximate count from the tempo of the previous set. The normal sets are usually in multiple of 4 so you could round up or down to the nearest even number? and for the odd sets in 3/4 We can always adjust the count...

Thanks,
Narcofis
box5Nick

Re: All Shortcuts List and Suggestions

Post by box5Nick »

Hey Narcofis, great list!

Actually we've just organized a list of shortcuts that we are putting out soon, so I'll make sure you get those here too.

Some of the ones you've suggested are not available yet, but surely they should be. We have a list going for new shortcuts and they will be added with the rest.

I like your idea of calculating the probable number of counts for the next set. We have other plans in the works for the music sync tool, but I'm adding this to the list as well.

The easiest way to get out of performance detail is to click the X in the corner of that panel.

Keep the suggestions coming!
box5Nick

Re: All Shortcuts List and Suggestions

Post by box5Nick »

The Help section of the main site has now been updated to include the list of current short cuts.