Crash on update

Report bugs or glitches here.
fishpercussion

Crash on update

Post by fishpercussion »

The last three times I've attempted to update Envision when it has prompted upon opening, it has continually crashed. I try opening and updating multiple times (as I did again today), and this happens every time:

1. Prompt for new version, accepted
2. Download begins and completes
3. Envision application automatically quits and does not reopen
4. Upon reopening, same prompt for new version appears (every time I try this process)

I've been going to the website in order to download and register the newest version each time because it will not auto-update.

MacBook Pro, OSX 10.9.4

Thanks - Bobby
William

Re: Crash on update

Post by William »

Hi fishpercussion,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with EnVision update. I tried to replicate the issue on my Mac with similar specs (Mac Mini, OSX 10.9.4) but it updated and relaunched properly and I didn't get the update notification when I relaunched.

Can you answer a couple questions so I can get a better understanding of the situation?

1. What version of EnVision are you currently on? You can see it from the Welcome screen or through the EnVision menu -> About.
2. What permissions do you have on your MacBook? Are you running as an Admin?
3. Is EnVision installed in the regular location? i.e. did you put it in a different spot when you first installed it? I'm not sure if this would have an impact or not but it might be causing some installation directory anxiety.
4. After you download the newest version from the website, do you see the update dialog still?

Thank you. Sorry for the slow reply.

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com