Deleting a Follow the Leader

Report bugs or glitches here.
Kanderson

Deleting a Follow the Leader

Post by Kanderson »

I may be missing something, but for lack of a better description, I can't remove a follow the leader that I've decided to re-write.

I wrote an 8 count follow the leader for 16 performers. After tweaking and editing other performers, I decided the FTL no longer worked and needed to rewrite those performers. My typical method for this is :go to previous set, copy performers, go to current set, then paste performers (like they haven't moved for the current set I'm writing.)

Doing this works fine for everything else but a FTL. No matter what I do, the path instructions are still scrambled in there so that a simple arc shift sends everyone scrambling for those eight counts.

I hope that made sense. Any ideas?
William

Re: Deleting a Follow the Leader

Post by William »

Hi Kanderson,

You should familiarize yourself with the Revert tool, it's a simple but powerful tool that does what you are looking for and more. In short, it allows you to revert performers' positions to be the same as on a previous (or future) set and it has the option to clear any intermediate paths and sets by using the "Step Through" option.

So for example if your follow the leader is between sets 4 and 5 then go to set 5, select the performers that you want to revert and hit the Revert Tool button (5 buttons to the right of the Add Performer button. See the below link for a picture.). Then just hit the Perform Revert button and you should be good to go, the default values are designed to be used to revert from one set back to the previous set.

Look on http://box5software.com/help/envision-help-center for a formal description.

As a side note you can also get fine control of performer paths by using Path Mode. This mode is accessed by selecting the Path Mode button beside Form Mode in the toggle toolbar. Here you can select individual performer paths and edit them.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
Kanderson

Re: Deleting a Follow the Leader

Post by Kanderson »

Perfect. Thanks!