The application has failed to start because its side-by-side

Report bugs or glitches here.
teknoman84

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side

Post by teknoman84 »

I've been using EnVision for just over a year now and I had to do a reinstall of windows 7 professional 64bit.(motherboard sata port chip set wasn't working) after buying a replacement MB and doing a new install of windows 7 EnVision will not start after installing it.
I get this message each time:

Unable to execute file:
C:\Program File (x86)\EnVision\EnVision.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 14001
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please
see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

I've read the one post I saw on the forums with the same problems and that the new versions will have the missing DLL with it so I'm not sure how this is a problem with me now. I have looked up on google and on youtube solutions with this type of problem and they haven't worked.

cpu - I7 920
12Gs of ram Corsair Dominator GT
GTX 660ti
EVGA LGA 1366 x58 MB
Nova Series V128 - 128GB SSD - boot drive
William

Re: The application has failed to start because its side-by-

Post by William »

Hi teknoman84,

As I'm sure your research has told you, this is usually a result of having the wrong Microsoft Visual C++ runtime components installed. EnVision should come packaged with the appropriate runtime information but it appears that there may have been a mixup somewhere.

Please try and install this file from microsoft Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86). It may require a restart but EnVision should work again afterwards. Please let us know if you are still having trouble after this.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience, and I hope that this gets you back up and running.

Have a great day!

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
teknoman84

Post by teknoman84 »

I've downloaded and installed the file and then restarted my computer. It still gave me the same error. i uninstalled all of my C++ files restarted then reinstalled the 2005 and envision and still it wont start.
I'm so lost with this right now. I will try any option need there is.
teknoman84

Post by teknoman84 »

YES I've been able to get it to work. The 2005 c++ version 8.0.61001 is the one that did it for me.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=26347

but my activation key isn't working. If should of been reset on thursday of last week but i have't used it yet.
I'm not sure if it had a time limit.
William

Post by William »

Okay that's great!

I'm glad you've gotten back up and running. I have also reset your license activation key for you.

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com