Set performer to backward march

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
bis4brass

Set performer to backward march

Post by bis4brass »

How can you change a move that has marcher moving forward to marching backwards?

The situation I'm currently dealing with, form is moving parallel to the front sideline, and EnVision is defaulting to forward march...I'd like them to be backstepping, and can't seem to change it. Anyway to do this? I've played around with lower body facing and nothing seems to change.

Thanks, Ryan
William

Re: Set performer to backward march

Post by William »

Good question Ryan,

Short answer: change the upper body facing by 1 degree at the beginning of the affected set(s).

Long answer:
EnVision automatically detects the direction of travel and compares it against the upper body facing and decides which direction the feet should be facing based on that. So when you are moving backfield the feet are facing to the front and you are marching backwards. In the special case of perpendicular travel (moving directly side field while facing directly front) EnVision defaults to front marching. You cannot change this from the lower body facing because those commands are for halts only, they are overridden by actual movement. So the solution is to change your upper body facing by a very small amount (1 degree) so that EnVision sees that you are actually moving slightly backwards compared to your upper body.

The upper body facings continue until you change it back so make sure to change it back to front after the affected sets are over or you might get some weird behaviour later.

Have a great day!
William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
bis4brass

Re: Set performer to backward march

Post by bis4brass »

Worked like a charm, thanks!