Carrying Forms across pages

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
bjindrich

Carrying Forms across pages

Post by bjindrich »

I'm pretty sure I read this or heard on a video demo that forms don't carry across pages, but I wanted to confirm. Forms don't carry across pages, right?

As I become familiar with Envision, and how Forms fit into the overall workflow, it seems to me that carrying Forms from page to page could be useful. Example: page 1 has a block; page 2 the block expands, page 3 the block rotates. Each of these moves would be easy to implement with a block form, especially if it was already a part of the subsequent page and the performers were already attached to it. But, unless I'm missing something, either I need to create a new block Form on each page and attach the performers to it or I go without using a block Form on the latter pages.

I'm sure that there are similar examples with the other types of Forms, too.

Are there any shortcuts/tips for easily carrying Forms across pages?
William

Re: Carrying Forms across pages

Post by William »

Hi bjindrich,

That is correct, there is currently no way to carry forms across sets in the manner that you are requesting. A long time ago we had this feature enabled by default but it was poorly implemented and the result was far too many forms where they weren't required. As of yet we haven't implemented a happy medium.

There is something that you can do though. EnVision offers copy/paste functionality for forms and performers (location). When in form mode you can select one or multiple forms then copy them in the usual way (ctrl-c/cmd-c/Edit->Copy) then navigate to the page that you want the forms on and past them in the usual way (ctrl-v/cmd-v/Edit->Paste). They will show up in the exact same location as the original but they will not have any performers attached. You can then select the performers on the form on the first set by clicking on the form and you can use that selection to populate the form on the second set as the performers will be added to the form in the same order that they were on in the first set.

Side note: You can also save and load forms from the Form menu. This is useful if you have a complex form, or collection of forms, that you expect to use multiple times, for example College letters or logos that are used every show.

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com