Having the same Label Length for all performers

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
bjindrich

Having the same Label Length for all performers

Post by bjindrich »

As I go into Print View, to clean up the charts for printing, I need to move the location of labels. Not sure how it came to be, but there are cases where performers on a page, even if in the same section or form, have their labels in different locations. I'm looking for the fastest way to clean this up and make it look good. I see that the arrow buttons allow me to choose the direction of the label and the +/- Length buttons allow me to define how far the label is away from the performer symbol.

What I'm wondering: is there an easy way to reset the label location AND length of all selected performers (a button or keyboard shortcut)? I'd much rather prefer to reset everyone to have the same location & length, and then I'll adjust any performers per set, using the arrows and +/- buttons.
William

Re: Having the same Label Length for all performers

Post by William »

There is no universal reset for label length and direction. However with all the performers selected you can press the - button until everyone is at the base length then press + and everyone will remain at the same length as each other. Similarly when you press the Label Direction buttons then all selected performers will move to that direction.

Also note that in Print Mode you can move the performer labels manually with the mouse. Just select the performers that you want to change then click and drag on their label. The labels of all selected performers will move in tandem. This tends to be more useful if there are a couple labels that just won't get into the right position using the tool panel functions.

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com