Problems with Print Preview/Print

Report bugs or glitches here.
AdamA817

Problems with Print Preview/Print

Post by AdamA817 »

I am running EnVision v1.3.12 (I have not bee able to upgrade due to the software being loaded on a School Controlled Laptop) under Windows 7.

I am working on an Indoor Drumline Show and have run into some issues when trying the print options.

My production has a 50x70 floor with a tarp image.

When attempting to do a "Print Preview" the resulting image is generally an incredibly close closeup on the "E" in "Envision" and I am unable to see the rest of the page. When attempting to "Print" the show the 50x70 floor takes up only a small corner of a mostly blank page. It looks as if the "Print" function assumes you are printing a Football Field even when doing an indoor show. To make matters worse the bottom of the off floor grid and the first "Step" of the floor is cut off from the bottom of the floor.

Not sure if I am missing size/scale/placement options or if this is a bug. Right now this makes it difficult to teach with because I need to carry the laptop around the floor with me :)

Thanks for the help!
AdamA817

Re: Problems with Print Preview/Print

Post by AdamA817 »

I have uploaded screen shots so you can see what I am seeing:
Printed Page
Printed Page
Envision - Print Issue.JPG (46.94 KiB) Viewed 6930 times
Print Preview Screen Grab
Print Preview Screen Grab
Envision - Print Preview Issue.jpg (207.71 KiB) Viewed 6930 times
box5Nick

Post by box5Nick »

okay, so when you are print mode you can pan and zoom the same as when in 2D or 3D, except that it will re size and re center your printed page. You can then press "set all page views" to copy that layout position to every other page.

As for the print preview, yes, there does seem to be a bug there, but I also tested the printed page and it is printing properly (as seen in print mode).

Hope that helps, and let us know if you run into any other road blocks.
AdamA817

Post by AdamA817 »

Thanks Nick! I didn't put it together that the Print view would be how you setup the printed page (seems like a no brainer now).

Thanks for the help!
William

Post by William »

Hi Adam,

We will be releasing a new version of EnVision on the 5th of February that will fix the print preview issue you were seeing. It will be numbered EnVision v1.3.16. You mentioned that you are on a school computer so I highly recommend either asking for administrator privileges or getting a separate account set up for yourself that you can install programs on. Updates to EnVision come at a regular basis and often include many bug and stability fixes, not to mention feature updates. As long as you are on the same computer, you can use the same license key you used to register in the first place.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com