No Foot Motion

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
baritonium

No Foot Motion

Post by baritonium »

I have some performers that don't move their feet on certain moves. Their bodies move to the next set, they're just frozen as they do it. It seems random, as in there's no particular grouping to it. Two instruments here, one instrument here, etc. I tried quitting the program and launching it again, but it didn't help. Any fixes, or is it just the program not playing nice with OSX 10.9.4 again?
William

Re: No Foot Motion

Post by William »

Hi baritonium,

We talked about this in your other post but I'll copy it here for completeness. We did make some changes in the performer movement area recently that may be the cause of this, though I can't rule out OSX 10.9.4 issues either. What would really help is if you could send that particular drill to contact@box5software.com so we can have a look at it on our test computers and see if we can't get to the bottom of the issue.

Thanks!
William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
bjindrich

Post by bjindrich »

I'm seeing the No Foot Action issue. For me, I think it was introduced by changing some lower body detail . The only thing I've used is the Half Time step (and Normal time). I've been tweaking which performers march half time on which set.
William

Post by William »

Hi bjindrich,

I thought this issue was resolved, as you can see it is from last summer. If it is happening again then it should definitely be looked at. I think the best course of action is the same as what I recommend to baritonium which is for you to email the drill to contact@box5software.com so we can take a look at it and see if we can't figure it out.

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
bjindrich

Post by bjindrich »

This is weird. I saved off a version of my drill that had this issue and when I reload it, I don't see the issue. I'll keep an eye out for this, but it may be more if an in-memory type issue that gets cleared up through reloading the data.
William

Post by William »

If you still have that same save file then I'd still like to get a look at it. For some issues that have incorrectly saved parameters we do a check for them on load and fix them. So its possible that the issue is still being created but is fixed when the file is loaded.

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software