Crash when loading show

Report bugs or glitches here.
band/guard.director

Crash when loading show

Post by band/guard.director »

Hello Box5 Design Team,

I've been using the software for a little over a month with no issues. Last week, I opened the program and tried to load a show. It froze, then gave me the "Envision has encountered a problem and needs to close" text box. So I closed. Waited a few minutes and tried again, but got the same result. I tried shutting down my computer and rebooting, and the error persisted. I've tried daily since then and the error has remained.

The program opens just fine, but when I try to load a show - and I've tried via the main launch wizard, "open," "recent," and the task bar- it will crash while pulling it up OR immediately after opening it. All the files I've tried to open are less that 4 minutes in length, with 100 or fewer performers, so we aren't talking about large files that bog down the memory.

Help.
William

Re: Crash when loading show

Post by William »

Hi band/guard.director,

I'm very sorry to hear that you are having trouble, I'd like to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

It sounds like the file that you have been working on has gotten corrupted somehow and is causing EnVision to close. Have you tried opening any different drill files or do you only have the one to work with right now? Another possibility is that one of the data files that is used by your show has gotten corrupted, such as a uniform or canvas file. An easy way to test this is to create a new show and add some performers to it with the same uniforms that you are using and any other custom items that you have. If this is the case then uninstalling and reinstalling EnVision might help you out.

If you like we can help out by taking a look at your drill file and seeing if we come across the same error. If we do there is a very good chance that we will be able to fix your drill file and fix EnVision so this error doesn't happen again. You can send your .drl file to contact@box5software.com and we will make this our top priority.

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
band/guard.director

Post by band/guard.director »

Hi William,

I've sent you the file I first started having problems with, which is our winter guard show for the 2015 season. I'm also experiencing crashes when trying to load the marching show I wrote for my program this fall.

Thanks so much for giving it a look.

Heather
William

Post by William »

Hi Everyone,

Here is a follow up on the email thread that we had offline.

We discovered that the issue here was related to how EnVision was creating the canvas grid. If you are encountering this problem, make sure that your grid toggle is turned on before you load any files or make any changes to the Canvas. A fix will be arriving shortly for this issue.

Have a great day!

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com