Proximity tool makes software crash

Report bugs or glitches here.
bis4brass

Proximity tool makes software crash

Post by bis4brass »

Help! Every time I try to use the proximity selection tool, the software crashes. It's only been occurring recently.

I'm running OSX 10.10.1. This is very frustrating since the only way I have to select for certain forms is to move them one at a time....

Is this a known problem, and is there a known work around to make the selection tool work better?

Thanks!
Ryan
William

Re: Proximity tool makes software crash

Post by William »

Hi Ryan,

This is not a known issue so thank you for bringing it to our attention.

There are multiple ways in which you can select performers so you should be able to find a workaround that works for you. Firstly you can select single performers by clicking on them but if you hold down ctrl then your previous selection won't be lost while you do this. The ctrl command also works for rectangle selection so you can select chunks of performers while keeping your previous selection. Selecting this way might not get the order that you need but once selected you can always move them outside the range of other performers and rearrange them that way. And don't forget about the ordering tool which offers several quick ordering options.

I assume you also know about the lasso selection which allows you to select performers in odd shapes. Lastly, if you hold shift while clicking and dragging then EnVision enters a sudo-proximity selection mode. It basically works just like proximity so the performer is selected when you get close enough to them. This may not work for you if proximity selecting is already broken.

Have a great day!

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
bis4brass

Post by bis4brass »

I just made an observation that may help. I had some performers hidden while the proximity tool was crashing. I tried it with all performers shown, and the proximity tool worked fine, no crashes.

Hope that helps.
bis4brass

Post by bis4brass »

Thanks for that sudo-proximity option. I prefer that to the real proximity option. No need to go up the the menu and make two selection. Nice feature.
William

Post by William »

Ah yes that does help, thank you!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com