Performer Label Placement - some option only for Forms?

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
bjindrich

Performer Label Placement - some option only for Forms?

Post by bjindrich »

I wanted to verify that I understand the Performer Label options and when these options are available. It looks like the Placement option (Side 1 / Side 2) and the Alternate Sides option only apply to Performers when they are connected to a Form (while all of the other Label Placement options apply to ANY selected performers, whether or not they are connected to a Form) - is that the designed behavior?

If so, I'd like to see the ability to use these options for ALL performers, whether or not they are in a Form.
William

Re: Performer Label Placement - some option only for Forms?

Post by William »

Yes these are only implemented for performers that are attached to forms. The reasoning is that it is not always easy to tell which direction should be Side 1 / Side 2 when there is no direction defined already as is the case when there is a form involved. Especially for Side 1/2 its somewhat redundant because you can explicitly set the direction of the label.

That being said, I can see an argument for using Alternate Sides without being attached to a form. You could easily base the alternation on the direction of the label of the first performer in the selection and alternate based on selection order.

Adding to the feature request list.

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com