Add Performer - add to Production on Update First Set?

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
bjindrich

Add Performer - add to Production on Update First Set?

Post by bjindrich »

I added some performers to Production 1. When I Updated First Set on Production 2, those new performers weren't added - did I do something wrong or do I have to manually add the performers to each production? And if I manually add the performers, if I need to Update First Set again, will the sets be properly synced?
William

Re: Add Performer - add to Production on Update First Set?

Post by William »

Hi bjindrich,

Yes you have to add the performers manually to each production. Adding performers automatically would have them standing in the same position for the entire production. Just make sure that you add them in the same order that you did in the other production so that they have the same ids, this will ensure that when you update the First/Last set that they will be synced properly.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
bjindrich

Post by bjindrich »

William wrote:Hi bjindrich,
...Adding performers automatically would have them standing in the same position for the entire production. ...
Well, that's also true when you add performers to your first Production, too. I think I'd at least want the option of carrying over added performers.

Also, after doing what you suggested, I can see that the added performers as now synched, but it doesn't look like the syncing, even for the original players updates the symbols. I updated the symbols in Production 1. Is Update First Set supposed to update the symbols (or any other performer characteristics), or does it only update the performer locations?
William

Post by William »

No, at the moment it only synchronizes performer positions. I will add a feature request to create new performers if they don't exist in the production, possibly as an option, and to update other data such as the marker.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
bjindrich

Post by bjindrich »

Sounds good. Looking at the Performer Editor panel, there's a lot of data I'd want carried over - ideally all of it. I'm staring at having to manually edit performer names and labels 3 times, with my 3 productions for 170 performers :-(
William

Post by William »

Yes that's a daunting task :? Some tools to help organize performer information would certainly be beneficial.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software